Terms & Conditions
In these terms and conditions:
- “The Frosted Chick” refer to THE FROSTED CHICK (UEN: 53264074L)
- “Website” refers to the whole or any part of the web pages located at www.thefrostedchick.com.sg;
- “We” / “us” / "our" refers to The Frosted Chick.
By placing an order with The Frosted Chick, the buyer acknowledges and agrees to be bound by the following Terms and Conditions:
- The Frosted Chick reserves the right to make changes to the product, pricing, and any other content on the website.
- We may take photos or videos of your cake order for advertising, publicity, or sponsorship purposes. If you do not wish for your order to be included in such, please inform us in writing prior to the confirmation / payment of the order. Failing which, you irrevocably waive all rights which you may have now or in the future including but not limited to your rights under the Copyright Act or any similar laws of any jurisdiction, and acknowledge The Frosted Chick’s right to use your name, biographical details, photographs and recordings.
Product and Ordering
- Our products are handmade and subject to slight variations (including color, size and finish), as well as the availability of decorative elements such as toy figurines, fresh floral and fresh fruit
- All weights, recommended servings and sizes are approximations only
- Dark or bright buttercream colors may stain the tongue and alter the original taste of the cream. If you wish to avoid this, please request for lighter color(s) instead.
- Pictures are for reference only and elements within the photo may not be part of the item. Please read the item description carefully.
- We reserve the right to substitute, change, accept or reject any orders or cake designs. Slight changes to the design may be made, depending on the cake size and add ons, as we deem fit for practical and aesthetic purposes.
- Wording and add ons will be placed / piped as per cake decorator deems fit, unless otherwise requested in comments box / specified in the order.
- All orders are subject to acceptance by THE FROSTED CHICK, at the time order is placed. Payment must be completed within 24hours for quote to remain valid, unless otherwise agreed on.
- We do not do mock ups or drawings of customized cake designs. Photo reference of past work may be provided on request, subject to availability.
- Full payment is required to confirm the order.
Cancellation or Change to order
- Order cancellations are not allowed after order is placed.
- Under extraordinary circumstances where a cancellation is possible (subject to management approval), any discount codes or free delivery used will be forfeited and a cancellation fee of 50% will apply. The remaining amount will be turned into store credit. Strictly no refunds will be made.
- Store Credit Terms and Conditions: Coupon codes for store credit will be issued with one-month validity. Orders must be placed before expiry to successfully utilize the code (Date of collection/delivery chosen can be after expiry date). Coupon codes are for one-time use only and cannot be split into smaller values for use on separate orders. No extension or further cancellation of order is allowed.
- For changes to the design, please submit a customized cake form so that we can quote accordingly. Items on the website will be made as per the item description.
- Any changes to the order are subject to approval and additional charge, if required. Any discount codes or free delivery used will be forfeited.
- Standard cake designs cannot be customized (E.g. addition of decorations, changes to cake colour etc.)
- Free Flexi delivery for orders above $150 is available for orders made via the website, with a minimum 4 working days lead time. This will exclude any surcharge such as CBD / Sentosa addresses.
- Changes in delivery time are subject to available slots. Delivery surcharge(s) may apply for last-minute changes.
- Change from collection to delivery is subject to the availability of slots. Regular delivery charges and surcharges will apply. Free delivery will not apply even if it is more than 4 days notice.
- The recipient of the cake is wholly responsible for checking that the order specifications of the cake (including provisions of knives, candles, wording, decorations) are correct and in good condition. Any defect or incorrect item(s) must be raised to the delivery man (for deliveries) so rectification can be made. We will not be liable for any error or damage after delivery is completed.
- If there is no one present to receive the order during the delivery time slot chosen, we will attempt to call the number provided. If you can be contacted, the driver may leave the items at an agreed location (such as in front of the door). We will not be responsible for the conditions of these items.
- If the driver is unable to contact the recipient after 3 attempts, the order will be returned to the shop. You may choose to self collect or arrange for re-delivery (delivery fees + surcharges will apply, subject to available slots)
- Our delivery provider cannot be held liable for reasonable delay due to factors beyond our control (e.g. unexpected traffic conditions.)
- Our delivery provider reserves the right to reject the delivery to restricted areas (including road blocks).
- Changes in collection time are subject to available slots.
- The store closes at 6.30pm, last pick up must be made before 7pm. Our staff will not be able to wait for you to collect past 7pm. Any missed collection can be collected the next day. We will keep the uncollected items for a maximum of 3 days (inclusive original collection date)
- The person collecting the cake (including your self-appointed courier) is wholly responsible for checking that the order specifications of the cake (including provisions of knives, candles, wording, decorations) are correct and in good condition. Any defect or incorrect design/size must be raised to the staff on shift so rectification can be made. We will not be liable for any error or damage after collection/handover.
- We are not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with the company behind the trademarked characters.
Storage for cakes and cupcakes
- Cakes should leave our shop cold so that it is safe for transportation. Please follow the respective care instructions for your cake:
- Fresh cream cakes: Best had cold, straight from the fridge.
- Buttercream cakes: Best had at aircon temperature. Buttercream cakes straight from the fridge will require a thaw time of 30mins-1.5hours depending on cake size.
- Fondant cakes can be placed in a cold aircon temp (18-20deg). Do not refrigerate.
- If you need to refrigerate a cake with fondant, it must be taken out to a cold aircon temperature of 18-20degrees (instead of room temp straight away) to minimize condensation. Condensation can occur when the change in temperature is too great.
- Once cut, best kept in an airtight container.
- Consume within 2-3 days depending on flavor
- To earn reward points, you must create an account and be logged in before placing your order. In-store rewards card and online rewards points are separate and cannot be transferred
- Reward points currently do not have an expiry date, but this may be implemented in the future.
- Discount codes are not transferable for Cash
These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of Singapore and you irrevocably and unconditionally submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of Singapore.
If any provision, part of any provision, or any part of these Terms and Conditions shall for any reason be properly adjudged by any court or other legal and/ or competent authority to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable in any respect, the legality and enforceability of the remaining provisions or parts contained herein shall not in any way be affected or impaired.